I went back to my abandoned lotus flower bag. I reviewed the pattern and realized that I had missed the entire bottom layer of the rose! So I frogged some of what I had done and managed to complete the center flower (called “Center Rose” in the pattern adjustment made by CrochetNut).
Here are some pictures that I hope help anyone trying to make this monster of a project:
After I took this picture I realized that the color I am using isnt the best for showcasing the different layers of the flower.
I put the hook under the middle layer so you can see it more clearly.
Weird photo, I know. But I wanted to show the different layers from the side. It’s actually upside down and Im holding the smaller layer that goes on top.
I like this angle and the light…it looks like an innocent little project.
Lastly, I managed to begin one of the leaves for the flower. There’s 10 of these in total and this one took FOREVER.
It’s been a really frustrating project and Im pretty sure I picked a bad combo of hook and thread but I really want to finish this project. So the adventure continues! 😀