This latest post is going to be all about one of my favorite drinks: Tea!
Over here we’ve become a little obsessed with tea pots and tea cups and tea! Let me share these with you …
We needed a good container for all the tea we had in my apartment….so we bought this lovely box at Bed Bath & Beyond….on sale for $14! (It’s online for about $40) However, our efforts were futile….because the box came with 120 tea bags! We have no more capacity for tea here!
Then the bf fell in love with a clear tea-pot he saw on TV and proceeded to buy his very own glass teapot online. It makes so much tea and it looks so lovely when its full! (I’ll take more pictures of that next time we make tea)
And last….here is my lovely tea set, given to me by my friend Franny several years ago. It’s so colorful and pretty I didn’t use it for a long time, but now we use it almost everyday when we have tea. So lovely!
After meeting the bf I discovered the joys of good Sweet Tea: Southern (U.S.A.) Style. Let me share that recipe with you. It’s really simple but if you’re craving a sweet drink on a hot day there is nothing better.
- Pitcher (
I think mine is 64 oz ?….I’ve been told mine is 128oz!)
- Mixing spoon
- White Sugar
- Honey (optional, but recommended)
- 8-10 bags of tea
- Fill pitcher halfway with cold water to measure about
32 oz64 oz, the pour the cold water in a pot
- Heat the filled pot and bring water to nearly a boil.
- Remove pot from heat and steep tea bags for 5-8 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, fill pitcher halfway with ice.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of white sugar, and around 2 tablespoons of honey.
- When tea is done pour tea into the pitcher.
- Mix thoroughly (most of the ice will melt).
- Cool in refrigerator for about an hour and enjoy!
Try out that tea recipe! And enjoy a cup of tea….hot, cold, sweet or not. Enjoy your tea. 🙂