I was back in Puerto Rico for a few days last month, and I stocked up on some cookies and snack from my childhood. One of my favorites are Holsum coconut cookies. These cookies are delicious on their own, but my BF had a great idea.
What if we covered them in chocolate?
Clearly, this man is a keeper.
So here you go, a quick idea that you can apply to any of your favorite cookies!
1 bar milk chocolate (or any chocolate you like really)
Coconut flakes (or sprinkles or chopped nuts, anything!)
1. Heat a bowl of water in the microwave for 2 minutes
2. Place chocolate (in a different bowl) over the bowl with hot water , stir with a spoon(I switched bowls here, the rainbow bowl is full of hot water)
3. Once chocolate melts (have faith, it will) use it to cover cookies
4. While chocolate is melted, sprinkle coconut flakes
5. Put over wax paper and freeze until its time to eat
6. Take them out for a quick snack or dessert!
These were DELICIOUS…and quickly disappeared from my kitchen. I tried covering crackers with chocolate but those werent that good.
But go ahead! Experiment…you never know. 🙂